How you can help
We need your support to:
- Provide administrative support to the Volunteer Engagement team.
- Provide excellent customer service to supporters and volunteers upon arrival in the office, over the phone or via email.
- Processing volunteer registrations and sending sign-ups confirmations as well as thank you emails after events.
- Managing our volunteer database so that information stay up to date and accurate.
- Contribute new ideas and productive ways of working
Ideally you will:
- Be organised with strong administration, database and IT skills
- Be an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Respect the need to keep some information confidential
- Support diversity and equality
- Be a great team player and take initiative
- Be a fast-learner who can work in a flexible manner
- Have experience using Microsoft Office
Your might also have:
- Volunteered for a charity
- Customer service experience
- Experience working with IT databases (such as Raisers Edge)
We encourage volunteers to give 1-2 days per week.
We will provide you with ‘on the job’ training for all duties. We will also offer training on Raiser’s Edge (our database system), as well as any additional training on MS Office programmes.
Volunteers will have access to our online e-learning portal which has various courses you can do while volunteering with us, and you are also able to attend any in house face to face training that run while you are with us.
The role is based in our London office: Prostate Cancer UK, Fourth Floor, Counting House, 53 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2QN